NobelActive is an implant scientifically designed from the ground up for primary stability and tissue preservation, which are essential to the lasting aesthetics that patients demand. Providing the foundation for aesthetics is its underlying beauty, now backed by over a decade of clinical scrutiny, proven performance and hard science.
Figure 1: The beauty beneath the surface
Synthesis of stability and soft-tissue preservation
To achieve the natural look and feel that patients strongly desire, soft-tissue volume and high primary stability are crucial.
An opportunity only grasped when enough primary stability has been achieved is Immediate Function, which leads to improved patient satisfaction in terms of function, aesthetics, sense, speech and self-esteem.1Primary stability with NobelActive comes down to a completely unique combination of features: A double-lead thread design, combined with an expanding tapered body, an apex with drilling blades, and a specific drill protocol.1, 2, 3, 4 With this rich blend of implant design, NobelActive even allows for immediate implant placement and Immediate Function* in demanding situations, such as soft bone and extraction sockets. 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
During placement with an insertion torque up to 70 Ncm, the reverse-cutting flutes with drilling blades on the apex enable the experienced user to adjust the implant position for an optimized restorative orientation.
NobelActive is proven to preserve the critical marginal bone and soft tissue over time for natural-looking aesthetics.1, 5, 6, 8This capability is made possible by the unique, patented back-tapered coronal design, together with built-in platform shifting,1, 3, 5, 8which are designed to optimize bone and soft-tissue volume, and three-year clinical research has shown significant improvements in papilla size over time.1
Flexibility by design
Both in the anterior and posterior, the NobelActive range offers clinicians an array of suitable solutions. For extremely narrow spaces in the anterior, NobelActive 3.0 gives clinicians the option to conduct implant treatment in areas where it was previously impossible with conventional implant therapy.10This variant offers the benefits of other NobelActive implants, but with a narrower implant body. Despite its width, tests show that NobelActive 3.0 offers the much-needed fatigue and torque strength.11
Similarly, strength is a key benefit of NobelActive WP (wide platform). With the option for a shorter body (7 mm) to avoid critical anatomical structures such as nerves, and a wider platform (5.5 mm) for an optimized emergence profile, it is specifically designed to deliver excellent results in the molar region.12
The extensive choice of unmatched restorative solutions
Upon a firm foundation for aesthetics, clinicians can place dental prosthetics from the comprehensive NobelProcera CAD/CAM range, including crowns, bridges and full-arch restorations. The high-translucency of multilayered full-contour zirconia solutions offer strength and exceptional aesthetics, while the angulated screw channel solutions provide optimized occlusal access when tightening the prosthetic screw. For peace of mind in the long-run, clinicians benefit from a lifetime warranty for implants when using NobelProcera prosthetic components.
Another innovation unique to Nobel Biocare supports long-term success with NobelActive – the anodized TiUnite surface. Together with patented grooves, the moderately rough surface encourages fast osseointegration13, maintains implant stability during the critical healing phase13, 14and promotes long-term success.15
Backed by a decade of clinical scrutiny and hard science
Since its launch, NobelActive has been often copied, but never equalled. Today, over a decade since NobelActive became available to clinicians, 41 clinical studies have evaluated over 14,300 NobelActive implants with over 2,600 patients and with truly outstanding results; especially its mean survival of over 98.5% at up to 5 years of follow-up.16No imitator can boast this quality and quantity of evidence.
For clinicians who see high implant survival rates, high primary stability, and excellent hard- and soft-tissue outcomes as deciding factors in choosing the right implant, NobelActive brings an evidence-based choice to the table – a choice supported by the strength of science.
*Once sufficient primary stability has been reached
- Kolinski ML, Cherry JE, McAllister BS, et al. Evaluation of a variable-thread tapered implant in extraction sites with immediate temporization: a 3-year multi-center clinical study. J Periodontol 2014;85(3):386-394. Read on PubMed
- Irinakis T, Wiebe C. Clinical evaluation of the NobelActive implant system; a case series of 107 consecutively placed implants and a review of the implant features. J Oral Implantol 2009;35(6):283-288. Read on PubMed
- Yamada J, Kori H, Tsukiyama Y, et al. Immediate loading of complete-arch fixed prostheses for edentulous maxillae after flapless guided implant placement: a 1-year prospective clinical study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2015;30(1):184-193. Read on PubMed
- Ciabattoni G, Acocella A, Sacco R. Immediately restored full arch-fixed prosthesis on implants placed in both healed and fresh extraction sockets after computer-planned flapless guided surgery. A 3-year follow-up study. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 2017;19(6):997-1008. Read on PubMed
- Gultekin BA, Gultekin P, Leblebicioglu B, et al. Clinical evaluation of marginal bone loss and stability in two types of submerged dental implants. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2013;28(3):815-823. Read on PubMed
- Cosyn J, Eghbali A, Hermans A, et al.A 5-year prospective study on single immediate implants in the aesthetic zone. J Clin Periodontol 2016;43(8):702-709. Read on PubMed
- Polizzi G, Cantoni T, Pasini E, Tallarico M. Immediate loading of variable-thread expanding tapered-body implants placed into maxillary post-extraction or healed sites using a guided surgery approach: An up-to-five-year retrospective analysis.J Oral Science Rehabilitation 2016;2(3):50–60Read on PubMed
- Pozzi A, Tallarico M, Moy PK.Three-year post-loading results of a randomised, controlled, split-mouth trial comparing implants with different prosthetic interfaces and design in partially posterior edentulous mandibles. Eur J Oral Implantol 2014;7(1):47-61. Read on PubMed
- Babbush CA, Kanawati A, Brokloff J. A new approach to the all-on-four treatment concept using narrow platform NobelActive implants. J Oral Implantol 2013;39(3):314–325. Read on PubMed
- Kolinski M, Hess P, Leziy S, et al. Immediate provisionalization in the esthetic zone: 1-year interim results from a prospective single-cohort multicenter study evaluating 3.0-mm-diameter tapered implants. Clin Oral Investig 2018;22(6):2299-2308. Read on PubMed
- Data on file: TER 85632
- Abitbol J, Antoun H. Wide diameter implants for single tooth restorations in the molar region: A retrospective study. Poster presented at the 26th Annual Meeting of the European Association for Osseointegration (EAO); Oct. 5–7, 2017; Madrid, Spain. Read online
- Glauser R, Portmann M, Ruhstaller P, et al. Stability measurements of immediately loaded machined and oxidized implants in the posterior maxilla. A comparative clinical study using resonance frequency analysis. Appl Osseointegration Res 2001;2(1):27-29. Read on ResearchGate
- Hall J, Miranda-Burgos P, Sennerby L. Stimulation of directed bone growth at oxidized titanium implants by macroscopic grooves: an in vivo study. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 2005;(7 Suppl 1):S76-82. Read on PubMed
- Glauser R. Eleven-year results of implants with an oxidized surface placed predominantly in soft bone and subjected to immediate occlusal loading. Clin Oral Implants Res 2012;23(Suppl 7);140-141.
- Nobel Biocare. Science First. NobelActive®Over 10 years of clinical experience. 2018; 5(1).
GMT 57578 GB © Nobel Biocare Services AG, 2018. All rights reserved. Nobel Biocare, the Nobel Biocare logotype and all other trademarks are, if nothing else is stated or is evident from the context in a certain case, trademarks of Nobel Biocare. Please refer to nobelbiocare.com/trademarks for more information. Product images are not necessarily to scale. Disclaimer: Some products may not be regulatory cleared/released for sale in all markets. Please contact the local Nobel Biocare sales office for current product assortment and availability. For prescription use only. Caution: Federal (United States) law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a licensed dentist. See Instructions for Use for full prescribing information, including indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions.