At their QLD Conference dinner held recently at the Hotel Grand Chancellor in Brisbane, ADOHTA (the Australian Dental and Oral Health Therapists’ Association) announced its Oral Health Practitioner Award winners.
ADOHTA conceived of the Award in recognition of oral health practitioners who exemplify commitment to oral health care, their aim being twofold: to acknowledge those members who are going above and beyond to raise the bar for the dental profession and to ensure the value of dentistry is recognised by the wider oral health community and health sector.
The winners to be congratulated are:
- Oral Health Practitioner of the year 2019 Winner: Denise Higgins, NSW
- Volunteer of the Year 2019 Winner: Shauna McNaughton, NSW
- Health Promoter of the Year 2019 Winner: Julie Barker, QLD
- Educator/Researcher of the year 2019 Winner: Denise Higgins, NSW
- Professional Advocate Leader of the year 2019 Winner: Judith Ottaway, WA
- Clinical Leader of the year 2019 Winner: Denise Higgins, NSW